Sunday, July 14, 2013

Guess I shouldn't complain.

So...  Today is the day I was complaining about in my last post.  Actually the shift turned out pretty well, I think I have found the best way to have a good shift with the doc I had.  I also got to see my fave doc and wish her a happy vaycay and I got off work an hour and half earlier.  

Also... I was able to get in some studying between pts.  I feel really good about my test tomorrow.  

Annnnddddd.  One of the nurses , has a daughter who went through Scribe U recently and working at a hospital out of state.  On her first day she saw 2 chest tubes and a Pelvic exam of a 300lb woman with and an STD...!!!   And the Cheif Scribe passed out on one of the chest tubes. Then halfway through the shift the ER doc (only 1 doc from 1pm - 1am) gets a call that his 2 young daughters were in an accident and intubated on the scene and he immediately falls to his knees screaming and crying and then to the floor. All the pts came out looking and asking questions.   On her second day she worked with a doc who the the nurses call Dr. D!$&.  And he was cursing and talking mean to the Cheif scribe.  

Her first two days were filled with more drama than my last 5 months.  I am totally blessed that my bad days were nothing like that. 

Hmm. Ok. So dinner and reading happened between now and that last sentence.  I don't know what else I was going to say.  But I think the above was plenty.  Overall today ended up being a pretty decent day, and things aren't as bad as they seem sometime.  

No comments:

Post a Comment