Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Dangerous situations

So I am writing this post outside a convenience store @ 0215 (2:15am). And then it comes to me WTH are you doing this how people get robbed/killed.

-----  ok so I am back. ---- 
It's now 2:45 am and I have made it to 24 hr Fitness

I have a few things I wanted to say but they are not organized in my brain so I think I am going I go with my "subject area " post today so I don't ramble.

----- ok so it actually like a day and a half later,  I found it very difficulty to try and type on my iPhone while on the elliptical machine.  I actually hate not finishing a post because there are so many things that I don't end up saying, either because I forget, or I think it through and decide not to post it.

Work
-   I have gotten off like 1 - 2 hours early my last 4 shifts so that's pretty awesome.   

Things are pretty much the same. Tonight was pretty busy. Not a lot of pts just complex cases that require a lot of back and forth and we moved pretty quickly from room to room

I put in my availability for September and it looks like they are going to have me working mostly weekend because I was only available like 1 or 2 time slots during the week.  I also requested no more than 10 shifts.  I got a bit worn out this summer and I only did on avg 2 -3 shifts a week. (sometimes more)

School
- so this is going ok.  I basically just try to get from one test to the next.  
- registered for the fall still have not been able to get into human anatomy class looks like I am stuck with the micro class I have now.  
The plan 
-  I plan to register for MCAT this week

Also,  I think I continue to learn more that makes me more comfortable with my decision to not go directly for PA school.  The new PA who was a previous scribe, talks to me sometimes about how things are going for themselves and just based off the way I think, and how much information and understanding I like to have to feel comfortable in what I do, I think it would be a very stressful job for me in the first few years. 

I know I still won't know a lot as a intern, but you have an additional 1 - 2 years of training and seeing just different examples of different things.   Let me emphasize I DO NOT think that PA's are incapable or bad or anything like that.   I only feel for myself I want a deeper more specific knowledge base so I can work more complicated scenarios.


** update**  so while reading through this so I can actually publish (2 days later) , I decided to go ahead and register for the MCAT so I can add it as a milestone to today's post.  But for some freaking reason, they only available test dates are August and September.  O_O  WTH!!!.   You cant tell me all the January - March slots are taken.   I need to get into the January slot so I can I have my Scores available for the Medical Science program.  

And of course there is no number to call, and it is not answered in the FAQ.   This is stressing me out. I kind of want to skip class now and figure it out, but I didn't go yesterday.   Arggh...


**** 2nd UPDATE ( 5 mins after publishing)   I AM an IDIOT!!!!*****
so apparently 2014 dates are not listed yet, and for some unknown reason, I forgot January marks the beginning of the new year.. LOL ...   well at least I know I need to keep my eyes out for the new 2014 schedule guess I will follow them on twitter.. :)  Gotta love social media... great for my forgetfulness.

I did however end up ordering an MCAT book with 146 questions and explanations .  Time for me to get on this.  This is the year!!!

My rug rat 
So she is doing pretty well.  With a summer full of dance and then off to a two week away dance camp on Sat. 

She is mostly ready for upcoming school year.  She is moving to a new dance studio and school again this year but she is really excited about both.

Life 
Ugh... this is consumed with the above.  I keep trying to do better at working out, and getting out, but I have not.
I am reading a new release of one of my favorite books.  I have to be careful, because I have to make sure I don't neglect my class reading, because I can read a good book for 24 hours straight... LOL.

ok.. I gotta go to class, there are few things I wanted to jot down, but I don't want to wait another day to publish...

No comments:

Post a Comment