Sunday, July 13, 2014

What happened to that fighting spirit...?



So I have not heard back from the scribe job after my second interview.  I thought it went pretty well, but I guess not.  I emailed the Scribe manager and asked when would they be making a decision but she did not respond back.

I am not exactly sure how I feel about it.  I thought getting that job would be a great opportunity for me.  I was even going to put off applying this year and just work, retake that d*** test again and apply in 2015 with hopefully a major score improvement and more experience with a possible additional LOR.

But it looks like that may not be in the cards.   I have also been applying for IT jobs, got some potential opportunities from some old contacts but still nothing concrete.  I kind of dont want to go back to the same company.  1. because i think its important for me to experience other companies, and maybe see what else is out there.   2. because even if I can not get a scribe I still may re-apply next year and I don't want to quit again ( I would only quit if I got into school)

I kind of thought about applying to a couple of DO schools that may accept my whole application and not just focus on my low MCAT score but I have not for a couple reasons
1.  First and foremost MONEY... i have none
2.  I am still very adverse to moving my kid.   She has had the most amazing year in dance and is in a pretty awesome school. ( same reasons I stop considering the international schools)

I checked out a blog of a 40+ med student, it was pretty interesting,  she ended up going international , but that was 4 years ago, and I am still scared of that option and don't know how I can handle that with my kid.

Unfortunatlly this post does not have much in it that shows i am any closer to a resolution on the rest of my life.

Also I thought about requesting an interview with that post bacc program I didnt get into, I am pretty sure its my MCAT, because I did everything else from my last app review.

I have not looked at my MCAT book for a couple months, and I have done nothing medschool related.  I get depressed and its easier just to ignore it.  I have just been focused on trying to find a source of income.   I still work the 2 part time jobs, but they don't contribute much. 

I tell myself I am just going to find a decent job and work...  make money, pay bills, buy stuff and keep doing that until its time to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment