Thursday, May 23, 2013

Busy Week...



So there has been a lot going on this week.  Just have felt like there has not been enough time in the day to get it all in.


School -

So we had a midterm yesterday...  I got 71 out of 75 pts. so that was pretty good.    I am also enjoying the material

Not sure if I already wrote about this, but for some reason I thought I only had approval from my advisor to enroll for summer classes.   Well a couple of weeks ago I decided just to go check out classes and I was able to register.  Unfortunately all the classes I wanted were full.   I was barley able to get 12 hours of classes that counted toward my degree.    I couldn't get into Immunobiology or Genomics like I wanted to, but I did get this once class  Health Psychology which seems like a pretty cool class and a good topic to help with med school interviews. It seems to cover a lot of current topics in health care.  And I am interested in learning more about the social aspect of where we will be going with health care nationally and globally in the future.


Work -

Actually didn't have any shifts for the first part of the week, however we did get next month's schedule today and I was kind of P.O.'d.  It looks like even though I submitted my schedule of 10:30a - 12:30p class M-Th, they have given me all 6p-4a or 9p-7a shifts... during the weekdays.    That is so frustrating.  And its not like I can walk down the hall to talk to someone about it.   I have no idea who schedules these shifts, we submit our availability on the web, and then they spit out a schedule 2 weeks later.

Also I don't think I am working with any docs I have worked with before, so once again its almost like starting all over...

And then we get an email today, giving us this list of things we should/should not do in charts, but a lot of the docs I have worked with want the opposite.   So its a bit frustrating.   I wish they would assign a few scribes to a few doctors, that way we can become familiar and better anticipate individual flow and preferences.

The way its set up now, you have to almost work there a year before you really get a chance to understand and learn everyone's ways.   Out of 400+ hours of scribing, I still have not worked with all of the 30+ doctors, and have only worked with a small number of them more than 3 times.

It also seems like the docs I work REALLY well with and who say the like working with me, I hardly every get to work with.

I'm still hoping things will get better with time. 

"The Plan"
So far on track, even though the fall schedule is not my ideal, all the classes count toward the degree plan

I need to keep my eye out for the community college for the fall schedule, I need to sign up for pre-calculus.

Have not really done anything toward the MCAT.  I need to set aside some time to think about this.  

Called the local med school about the 1 year MS Biomedical science post back program that I had applied for a couple years ago, to do an application review.  I had to leave a message, need to remember to call them back to see if I can get an appointment.

Still need to find sometime to get back into volunteering, I think I may try the food bank for the summer, I want my little one to start regularly volunteering also.

My Rug rat -

So my little one has been a big contribution to the busy week.  She had finals Monday and Tuesday so we spent a lot of time studying for that, and she has had 4 nights of dress rehearsal and recital, Luckily my mom is able to get her there, and then I head there after class. 

Tonight at recital she got to meet and take a picture with a Disney star from "Shake it up ". I have no idea who she is, but every one was happy to see her.

Also tomorrow is her last day of school.  Then we head into a busy summer with  banquet on Saturday, national rehearsals, Florida nationals in 1 week, dance camps, tumbling, and summer reading list.


Life -
Don't have a lot of time for this,  I did very well at working out earlier this week, but skipped today,  I was so tired after recital last night I just needed a couple extra hours of rest, before I had to get up and do it again.   But  I will start back tomorrow, especially after my running distance accomplishment on Wednesday.  I am hoping to triple that by my birthday. :)

My house is a mess, and laundry is piling up.  I am going to have to get some cleaning in there somewhere. The dance area I just built is now pilled with toys and "stuff" J has outgrown, I need to get that taken care of so she can actually use it for what it is for.

Hmm... anything else I need to jot down...  I think that's all I can think of, now I need to go to bed, because I return to work tomorrow.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment