Friday, May 10, 2013

Roller coaster



I'm only 5 months in, and I have already had my share of up and downs...

Had a ruff day at work last night, It was one of those days where I wanted to be like.  Forget it!!! I'm going home..  Coincidently it was the one doctor I worked with earlier in my training shifts that had me thinking I couldn't do it  the first time, but I made it throug...

What's crazy is he is not mean or rude to me or anything of the sort, its just something about his approach and style that just drives me crazy and makes me feel like a total idiot.  On top of that, I kept having horrible back spasms, don't know why, I am assuming is slept wrong, or pulled something lifting weights.

Luckily, I ran into one of my favorite doctors and she gave me a pep talk  Reminded me to not take things personal, and to develop thicker skin.  Especially since its going to be that way for the remainder of my medical training career.  I am always going to be under someone, learning something, knowing less.  I have to learn how to take it as a learning experience and growth opportunity, not a personal attack on me.

Also finally turned in the letter to J's current school to let them know we will not be returning next year.  Next thing I know the Admissions Director called me to ask me why.  Luckily I was at work and didn't have to have that conversation.   I ended up chickening out and just emailing her back.

Not really a lot to say there...

I am looking forward to school starting next week.  At least I think I am.  I must admit I am a bit nervous, this will be my first 2 week class.  I am pretty sure I am going to have to work my butt off.  But I guess I may as well get used to it.   I am also looking forward to working a couple less shifts this month, but it means I loose all my weekends.   But I will be home during the week to make sure J is studying for finals.

I was finally able to order my parking pass today,  I really wanted to get a parking garage permit, but they were 3x the price of regular parking, and I should really work harder at saving money. 

I still have not successfully curbed all my previous spending habits.

well.. I need to make myself go to sleep, got work 6am shift in the am.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment