Sunday, January 27, 2013

The First Sunday Night...


I kind of don't know what to think, its Sunday night and I don't go to work in the morning... :-O    I do know I don't feel that depressing , soul wrenching feeling that normal comes with Sundays :)
 
Now on to the regularly scheduled programming, plus a new section I am calling "Life" (because it just keeps happening)
 
School
Not a lot here, 
 - Admission Application still in process
 - 2013 -2014 FAFSA Started

Work
 
Had my last day at work at my old Job on Friday... not really sure what feelings I have here, probably should have posted a note on Friday, after this weekend, I cant really access any of those feelings I think I had on Friday to even say what they were... LOL

Also got my training material for the new job that was pretty exciting!  I have been using Quizlet.com to create flash cards and study on my phone using the app..

This is a really cool tool.  Its also Free (up to 8 classes)  or 15$ a year for unlimited cards.  I feel like the 15$ is totally well worth it., especially when my classes start up. 

And last but certainly not least I got the shift schedule for February. As long as I pass my training next weekend, I will start my trainee shifts February 18th.

I was a bit surprised I would have about 2 weeks of no work, (no new income)  I am going to try and make the most of it and get everything in order before I get busy :)

"The Plan"

so far on track :)
still need to find a good place to volunteer, good task to complete during my break


My Rug rat

Dance Convention/Competition went GREAT this weekend. 
(minus pre-teen attitude issues)

Their group got:
  • 1 Platinum
  • 4 High Golds
  • 1st Overall in Intermediate
  • Special Recognition Award for their Younger Production number
  • She also made it to scholarship finals and won a scholarship to Nationals.

she was very excited and I was super proud of her. 

This is my absolute favorite shot of the night 



Life
So when I thought about adding this section there were a lot of things I wanted to say here, but now a few days later @ almost 12 am I can hardly remember what they were.

In addition to getting ready for school, I want to improve other aspects of myself,
  • I have signed up for a 5K,  (Zombie run which seams pretty fun)
  • maybe make up a menu and cut some coupons to start saving more money
  • check out more opportunities to volunteer @ Jordyns school.

Ok, so even though I don't go to work in the morning I better go to bed, I still have a full day.
  • Get J up and ready and to school
  • Restart my "Couch to 5K" app for the 3rd time
  • Study Study Study
  • and dust :)
  • unpack from this weekend...
Dang, there goes my day ... :-P


~All that glitters isn't gold

2 comments:

  1. I checked in on your blog and am proud of you taking the steps you have to pursue your dream. I know it is both scary and exhilerating, but I have a sense about you and I think this will work out for you. Keep the faith girl!
    From someone who worked with you in your 'old' job.

    ReplyDelete