Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Baby Steps

Quick update before I get to bed.

I think I am finished with my personal statement.  I have had at least 5 or 6 people look at it.  And thanks to one of my best friends who has been extremely supportive throughout my entire journey it does a pretty good job of getting my story across.  Thanks friend!  You Rock(y)!


I will be submitting my application this month, I don't care what I have to put off to do it.   So I need to renew my Interfolio account to send my LORs and transcripts.   And I need to narrow down my school list and budget required to get everything done.  Then come secondaries...  I also think it may be too late for application fee assistance.  You have to mail it in, and they say it could take up to 4 weeks.

I have been putting in a good bit of work on the research paper, mostly verifying info and calculations, but I actually enjoy that a bit more. I get it and I can make progress.  Just reading through all those journals was driving me cray cray.  I don't think I had a strong enough foundation in the topic to feel confident in my research (without help from a grad student)


Today was a pretty decent day today, so I will keep my complaining short. 

I did take a look at the Jr. College schedule, but didn't do to much more.  I start to look at the cost of classes and just decided to wait until I have submitted apps.  I have to come up with a plan to get out of my moms place.  Now its looking like I will probably be here until January.

Its slow but progress is being made.

2 comments:

  1. Im curious are you planning on applying this cycle for 2015 admissions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was, but I changed my mind. I am going to stick with my original revised plan and hit SUBMIT on the day the application opens next year.

    ReplyDelete