Monday, April 28, 2014

Still no word



      So I still have not heard back from the Med Sci program.  I am glad I have not been denied yet, so it means I am still in the running.  But the uncertainty is stressful.   I still need to find sources of income, and every time I look at a job, there is going to be some potential conflict if I do get in.   I guess I am going to have to just take something and leave if I get accepted,  and on the other hand, since I am going to be finished with class, I would rather take on a "real" job where I can make some decent money. (especially if I don't get into the program). Decisions!!!!


     I called Kaplan today and used my "high score guarantee".  I will be retaking the course but online this time with live instructors.   If I get into the MedScie program, they have a mandatory MCAT class, I may be able to substitute the one I have for the mandatory class. However, a person in a forum mentioned they significantly increased their score with the Princeton Review Program they offer with the MedSci program.  But until I know whether I am in or not, that's not really something I need to concern myself with. When it all comes down to it, I just need to put in the time, to do as many practice questions as I can.

Finals are next week.  I did not start studying today, because I had my work I normaly do on Sunday today, because my kid had dance competition all weekend.   I am going to start tomorrow.   We dont have our plant science class, but we do have a Animal Phys class, but he said he is just going to open it up for questions.   I'm thinking since I don't have lab, I am not going to drive over.   I think I am going to go to the gym after I drop off the kids, then head over to this temp place to see what jobs they have.   Then just go to the library until its time to take my little one food at dance.

Oh yea... I don't think I mentioned this before, but I got an email about looking into podiatry school.  I personally cant say that I have ever been interested in that,  but I thought I would look into it for a couple reasons.
1.  My stats are comparable to other matriculates. 
2.  I could start in August of this year
3.  They make pretty decent money.
4. It could be interesting if I could work for like ballet companies or sports teams.

On the other hand.
1. Never really considered it as an option, and a majority of the practice is with diabetes & cardiovascular disease.  If I could get into the sports medicine part, I may consider it but that is not a guarantee.
2.  I would have to be ready to move out of state in 3 months!
3. The first year of classes is with medical school students, I think that would stress me out and I would feel like such a quitter.
4. I have not even applied to medical school yet

Also came across information for a medical school in Australia that does their clerkship (last 2 years) in New Orleans, with good chances of getting US residency matches...

My daughter has a fit anytime I talk about moving us anywhere to go to school,  and my mom threatens to come with me !!!  

I think I walk around in a constant state of haze.  So many unknowns running through my mind. I am on the incline of just one of the hills of this journey.  I think I need to see the crest of this hill soon, before I start to roll back down in the opposite direction.  

I think I am curbing my mind state with food,  I am not pigging out, but I am not eating breakfast or lunch,  just some carb loaded mid dinner, with snacks after... I think I have gained like 10lbs.  I hit the gym like once or twice every 2 weeks, with a mind to change, but then I find myself staring at my shoes the next day thinking... WHY BOTHER...  uggh... I just need clear next steps to focus on, something I can control...

Ok... I have went on and on enough... on to something else..

No comments:

Post a Comment