Saturday, June 29, 2013

Saturday Night!!!

So I added the exclamation marks for anyone who is actually out doing something on a Saturday night.   I myself am in PJs before 9pm and wondering why in the H E double hockey sticks there is nothing to watch on 200+ channels.

So after an episode of Monk and Big Bang Theory I decided to document my thoughts for the day...

I think I am going to throw caution to the wind today and just go random.  No rigid format for me today.. :P

So I worked today and actually had the opportunity to work with my favorite doc.  We just seem to have a good rapport and good laughs.  I feel very comfortable on my shifts with her and we are from the same area.   Usually we work pretty hard on our shifts, but today was slow.  There is a new mid level (more on that later) and my doc has to go see their patients as well, so I didn't chart on the normal amount of patients.

**** Random note, Iron Chef is on in the back ground and their secret ingredient is tilapia.  FRESH ALIVE tilapia.  And they just pulled them out of the water, threw some in cold water, some in the fridge, and they just chopped them up... O M G... I see why some people are vegetarians. End Note**


Ok... so... basically it was a slow day, but a very good day. Hmm... I forgot where I was going with that...  Anywho.. I will move onto the new mid-level.  Since they had to wait also to get their patients checked I had the opportunity to ask a few questions.   I basically was able to confirm some of my original thoughts and reiterate what I have heard from other PA's.  It is very flexible career choice, and you are able to enter the work force sooner and accumulate fewer loans and you get a broad array of information.  However with the shortened timeframe you are limited in how much time you can spend on more detailed information.   I really appreciated the time and thoughts on the topic.

I think that's mostly it on the work related stuff.  I spent some time yesterday searching part-time jobs on the internet.   I saw some potentials, but to be honest I am not very excited about having to updated my resume and fill out all those freaking online applications... Ugg..   I still don't know how in the hell I am going to do a second job,  I have already cut down on my shifts at the hospital so I can focus on my grades, but the bills gotta be paid.  And I think fitting in additional work a few hours a week will be easier than 10 hour late night shifts.   I saw a couple "personal assistant" jobs that are flexible.  I think I am going to try for those.


So school is going pretty ok.  So far maintaining my A in Biostats, also got an email from my Session 2 brain and behavior class that starts on 7/8.  So apparently they require the textbook, and its taught by 3 different professors...

On the book front I am actually trying out an online book rental site. BookRenters.com.   It was 45 bucks for a 6 week rental.  Where as to buy a used one from the campus book store or online  it would have been 100+ bucks.  This is my first time renting a text book, this concept wasn't such a big thing the last time I was in college.

Hopefully it all works out.

Ok so this is getting a little lengthy, which is probably why I normally have sections so I can stay on topic.  :P

Hmm... what else did I want to include...  I NEED to work out... I don't think I have worked out more than 2x a week since I started class.    I don't know why its so hard.   I need to find something that I enjoy and don't want to miss.   I am just not very excited about going to the gym to get on a machine.

Also on a more personal note, I need to try and get out more, meet more people while is still have the time.  I am pretty sure when I get into med school I wont have that option between studying and doing my little ones stuff.

Oh yea,  I FREAKING MISS TRUE Blood!!!!    So as part of budget trim down attempt I got rid of premium channels, and the new season of True Blood and VEEP on HBO, just happen to start during their free-view weekend.  So I watched one episode and now I need to know what happens...

And after checking Amazon, it looks like they don't start selling the streaming episodes until after the season over which SUCKS!!!!!!!!!  ARGH....

Ok, one more thing... I saw "The Heat"  with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy yesterday.  I thought it was pretty good.  I kind of wish they would have limited the previews, because I believe some of the stronger funnier parts were used in previews, so they were not really funny in the actual movie.   But overall I really liked it, I didn't laugh as hard as I did at Bridesmaids but it was a solid movie.

I am still trying to decide if I want to go see Superman.  I have never really been a fan of Superman movies, so I am not very optimistic about this one.

Ok I am seriously going to stop talking now, I think I am just babbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment