I have so many things I need to do to get ready to leave in 2 months.
Belongings...
I have decided to get rid of my storage to help cut some cost. I have started to go through it but still have a lot of things left and 5 days to clear it out.
Its a bit challenging finding the right amount to get rid of vs. try to store at my moms vs. take with me vs. let J take with her. I have decided no more than two travel buckets at my moms. And no clothes or crap. Only family stuff that can not be replaced.
I can take 3 bags <= 50lbs so I need to define what that looks like.
And I need to think out J's cloths and stuff for her move.
Visa Application
I need to complete my medical clearance for my visa application.
I believe I have completed all the necessary testing and immunizations but I need to gather all the results and take them to physician to sign off.
I also need to get my criminal background check from the police department.
Island Stuff
I still need to lease an apartment on the island, which will probably have to wait 3 weeks for my paycheck after next.
I need to have my Fin-Aid stuff completed. I think have done all I can from my end. Like completed FAFSA, loan Counseling, & MPN.
I am just waiting for the school to process and tell me my next steps. I will probably call on Tuesday to see if they have everything they need from me.
I need to look into to what additional books and supplies I need. I was reading you can get a lot from students who are selling stuff on they way off the island.
Kid Stuff
- I need to get the temporary guardianship completed and notarized.
- Need to get her school contact info changed over.
- Need to get medical insurance dependant info set up once the school has me enrolled in insurance.
- Need to get her belongings organized and then get her moved in to her new place.
- Need to plan a fun get away for our last week before school starts.
Shopping.
I need to do some shopping for myself and for J.
Green Scrubs
Toiletries
School uniforms
etc...
Well I guess I should stop writing about it and start making it happen...
Sunday, July 5, 2015
Friday, June 26, 2015
Tuesday, June 23, 2015
Silent Screams
My Deposit for Ross is Due Friday June 26.
I am a bit scared.
My kid has competition this week, and I couldn't get off work. I had to send her with someone else and I was not there to see her perform. That is going to be the next two years ( or possibly 4 if she decides she does not want to move during residency)
I got an email about a new state school opening up a couple hours away that is accepting applications for this 2015 cycle.
I continue to see mixed responses on residencies and IMG grads.
I have a unstable track record on decision making ( too risky and too conservative)
All my lessons are learned the hard way.
With hard work and extra effort I am confident I can be successful as an IMG graduate.
I am afraid I will give up if I wait another year to repeat the application cycle.
I will be 35 in a couple of months...
Still Scared
I am a bit scared.
My kid has competition this week, and I couldn't get off work. I had to send her with someone else and I was not there to see her perform. That is going to be the next two years ( or possibly 4 if she decides she does not want to move during residency)
I got an email about a new state school opening up a couple hours away that is accepting applications for this 2015 cycle.
I continue to see mixed responses on residencies and IMG grads.
I have a unstable track record on decision making ( too risky and too conservative)
All my lessons are learned the hard way.
With hard work and extra effort I am confident I can be successful as an IMG graduate.
I am afraid I will give up if I wait another year to repeat the application cycle.
I will be 35 in a couple of months...
Still Scared
Thursday, June 18, 2015
That's a good thing right?
I received my acceptance from Ross yesterday. That was pretty exciting.
I have no idea what that means right now. However I am 80% sure I will accept and start there in the Fall.
I have a lot to think about and even more to actually do after the decision is made.
Monday, June 8, 2015
slow..
A little change, but mostly the same.
So I was not able to move foward with the St. George Option. However, I got a call from Ross and I will have an interview with them tomorrow.
I also got a call from a recruiter about an IT supervisor job.
But as per use, that is the way of my life. Two exact opposite things happening at one time.
Anywho, Not much else is going on. No class this summer due to timing. No official MCAT scores yet.
Not really sure what I am going to do about applications. I never got the letter from the PA that I shadowed so i am not sure if I can even apply to PA school without the letter and without the GRE. I need to make another list of the schools and requirements so I can be smart about my applications.
I think I am going to try and get everything finished up and ready to submit at least, and then depending on my available finances, and what happens with ROSS I will have to decide from there. ..
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)
