Wednesday, March 11, 2015

random jotting

so i took a week off during my daughter's spring break, and because my doc was off this week.

My plan was to study and work out.

My reality is nothing has happened and its almost the end of the day on Wednesday.

I should have taken off a day where my daughter had school.  So i would be forced to leave the house to take her and I can just go to the gym and then to the library. 

anywho... needless to say I am a bit disappointed in myself.


I did spent some time thinking about Caribbean medical school option again.

I decided to go check out the foreign med school board to look in on residency stats.

Here is the link if you interested in perusing the 250+ pages...

http://www.ecfmg.org/resources/NRMP-ECFMG-Charting-Outcomes-in-the-Match-International-Medical-Graduates-2014.pdf

basically from my quick perusal.

If you
- make above a 240 on step 1 and step 2 the first time
- apply to multiple programs (>10) in the specialty you are interested
- train on Dominica island ( i think Ross & St George are there)
- go after Family Practice, internal medicine, OB/GYN, or anesthesiology

from a VERY loose estimate, you have a greater than 70% chance of getting into A residency program.

*** if anyone happens to be reading this, please refer to the link above for a more in depth assessment on the probability of gaining a particular residency as a US-IMG.  This is just a rough eyeball....

I am still strongly consigning applying.  If it were not for my daughter. I would have applied already.  But I feel if I take with me, either she will suffer or my studying will suffer.

Arggggg.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment