Saturday, February 14, 2015

I'm trying...

So as I sit in the hotel room
- listening to YouTube cover videos
- watching dance competition online
- responding to random post on Facebook
- and wondering why I have never been in a relationship on Valentine's day


I am also studying...  My intent was to spend all available time in my room study while my baby girl was in class.

I did get my next two homework assignments done.

I origionally planned to just go through the topis in the 2015 MCAT Essential topics list.  But as I started doing that today I just started getting overwhelmed.  Then I was like I will start with the Psych and Biochem topics since I have not studied for them for the MCAT before.  But as I start looking up different topics online it just felt very inefficient.  

I am the worst at large ambiguous task.  I need detail, structure, and short term goals. 

So I went back to Khan Acadmey and I found this link videos with MCAT 2015 topics.  I don't think its exhaustive of all the topics but its a good amount.    I think I am just going to go through once and then just start taking practice test.  Trying to go through each individual item is just stressing me out...

Khan Academy MCAT Video Line Up

For a small amount of time today I thought about looking up refund deadlines for the MCAT. 
But that way lies madness....

Its ok.  Its going to be ok. I can do this.


side note....  I wanted to post a few pics of my kid.  This is why I do it.  This is why I spend time and money that for the average person could be used in other places.  But when I see her doing what she loves and doing it well. I would not have it any other way.





6 comments:

  1. Yes to everything you said! I always have the intention to do so much in terms of studying but I end up getting overwhelmed when I consider everything that I have to study and then I distract myself for far too long. Let's not even discuss how I feel after I do practice tests or questions. I feel completely inadequate and start rethinking my life! Maybe this is why it is so much easier to go straight through college and medical school for kids in their 20s, they don't have the developed sense of foresight that we have developed as older adults and mothers. If you figure out how to turn it off, by all means let me know. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I find it, I will patent it, market it, and get rich.. LOL

      Delete
  2. Your daughter is amazing!! You are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's beautiful, and kids really make it all worth it, don't they???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still working on the "all" worth while, ;), but I do love seeing her grow and succeed.

      Delete