Sunday, February 8, 2015

Time managment fail.

So I basically threw away the entire weekend.

After my post yesterday at the library, I spent a little more time researching Caribbean school students/graduates etc..

I came across one blog of a guy who actually failed out of Ross after repeating his first semester and failing his second.

It was a bit scary, so I went back to when he started and read all his post to see if I could get an idea of what happened.

My two biggest fears about going to a Caribean school are

1. I am actually not smart enough to be a doctor and I fail out with more loan debt to add to my already stressful amount.

2. I do pretty decent and pass, but cant get a decent residency (or any residency at all) when I graduate, once again leaving me with a shitload of debt.


Those things are a possibility in US schools but the occurrences are way lower.  

So back to the guy that failed out of Ross. I can not really point out his problem.  He seemed to "study" alot. But it does not seem that he had study groups or used much tacticle learning.   I appears he skipped lecture often and just studied written material at home and watched some lectures on line.

Those things would definitely be a big problem for me.  I need to go to class and listen and hear the parts of the lecture that are not written in the power point.  They help me think beyond the black and white details.

I have also found I do a lot better with material recall if i am part of a study group.   But everyone one learns differently. 


So between my frustration with the MCAT, my mild obsession with finding out all I can about international options, and Ch 3 of AP being info I have read before I got no studying done.

One detail I did seem to notice from that guy's blog who went to Ross is that first semester of med school did have a lot of biochem, ochem, genetics, and bio stuff that is needed for the MCAT, so maybe I can use that as a motivation to find a way to get that test done.

On a non-med school note,  I dont feel well today.  I think I have a URI in conjunction with lady pains...   I dont get to go the gym in the morning, because my membership expired, so I am going to be out for about 2 weeks until next payday.  I really hope I don't get all cray cray..

I should probably dope up on Sinus and Cold meds and go to sleep.  Back to the bi-polar work place tomorrow, followed by a full day of class then lab... 

No comments:

Post a Comment