Monday, December 16, 2013

Grades are trickling in

So far I have 2 A's for this semester

Genomics & Health Psychology.

I had my Cell Phys final today, she screwed me over on one of my projects given me an 18% even though I met all the qualifications.   She apparently screwed a few people over, because her TA's have sent out multiple emails saying she will not look back over them until after the final.

I really hope that she changes it.  I had 83 before the project, that went down to a 70 after it.

I got an 88 on the final.   If she gives me a better grade there is a small chance I can make an B or A in the class, which would be VERY nice.

I am still waiting to hear back on Micro.  He doesn't post on blackboard so we have to wait for the official School scores to come out, and the grades are not even due for records until after the 20th.

I don't even want to guess what I am going to get in there.  I got an A in the lab, I studied pretty hard for the final, I felt like it may have been a B. So I hope I can get an B in the class.  Hopefully someone really screwed up and we got a decent curve.


I have talked to a few family members and friends and am starting to get the...

How long do you have left in medical school?

You are in medical school right?

Where are you going to medical school?

I really hate those questions,  and not because of the people, I know for the most part its just conversation or interest.

But I feel like such a dumb A$$ when I am like, I'm not in , I apply in May.

which ultimately leads to ... well how long will you be in after that...

and the looks on people's faces when I mention the number of years is a bit stressful.

I have gotten to where I break it up.  I will just be like.

Well I spend 2 years of classroom learning, and then everything else is rotating around the specialties.   I have NO idea why I do that.   I mean it doesn't really matter, they are not the ones going through it.  I am.   But for some reason I feel I have to justify why I am spending the next 8 years of my VERY adult life trying to do this.

Anwhooo...

I got an email today reminding me about my MCAT on 1/23 (as if I could forget).    I am SOOO ready to get this test over with. I start my hardcore study plan tomorrow. 

I was supposed to start today, but since we had an ice storm, my final was pushed back a week, so I just went to the gym after it, and came home.  I got on the PC, but have not studied.

Tomorrow, I will not come home until I have spent a full day in the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment