Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Progress

Just thought I would document my progress...


School..

So my plan to improve my study habits helped some, I did do better on my last two test, but only one of them was an A, however the other was 20 points above the class average so that was not too horrible.  I have 2 more test, a project, and a few more homework assignments I may be able to still pull an A in that class.

Work..
still nothing here, still applying

The plan
Kind of wasting my money on that MCAT class, still not keeping up with the reading, pre-work, and post work.  I take my first full length practice test this weekend sometime.  I am going to try and just get as much as I can in, and then after finals hit it full-time ( 8 hrs a day) while out for the winter session.


Life..
Still working with the trainer, but once again kind of wasting my money because I am not eating right.   I don't pack enough food and snacks for days I am away from home all day.  I am also taking in too many simple carbohydrates.  I am also supposed to get in at least 2 days of cardio on the days I am not meeting with the trainer, and I have been very inconsistent with that.   And even thought I kind of hate it when I am in my sessions, I am that I went when its finally over.  I actually kind of miss it when I go a couple of days without it.


My rug rat
She is driving me crazy.  Running into the same problems as always being to social during class and inconsistent grades.  I am so tired of saying the same thing over and over.  She has had all electronic taken from her for at least 2 weeks.  So frustrating.  I know some of it is simple growing pains.  I told her tonight.. I could be more forgiving, if you had straight A's and some times talked in class, or had great behavior and every now and again had a bad assignment grade.  But you cant do BOTH.  She is smart and she has seen most of this material in her previous school.  So I know I am not asking to much of her.   Also its not like she is beating up kids or cursing out teachers so I don't want to be over dramatic.   Being a parent is ruff, especially if you want to try and do a good job... 


She has a dance convention this weekend Fri-Sun so we are going to be away from home all weekend, and I have to find a way to get my Micro lab report done, study for a test, and get a full length practice test in.

so basically I got a lot of the same going on, I am bit concerned I am trying to do everything, but not doing either of them well.
I just have to continue to re-focus myself and push for more self efficacy in my eating and study habits.

I have not given up yet, and I recognize my short-comings and try to address what I can. 
That has to count for something.

well I gotta try and get a few hours sleep before its time to get up in 5 hours for the gym... 

No comments:

Post a Comment