Thursday, October 17, 2013

Progress... Kind of

So I don't really feel like putting in the effort to make this a clean organized post.  

I have like 10 mins before I head to class.   
I am just going list off stuff

So been off work for about 2 weeks now, appreciate the amount of time I have to get stuff done, but I know it's going to kick my butt pretty soon because I have no income.   I have continued to apply to others but have had no hits.  Which is a bit frustrating.  It's not like I am applying to experienced professional jobs.  Any who I digress

I have stepped up my study game, but still have more work to do.  The amount of work to get from B grades to A grades is an exponential curve.  I have to work on finding the right balance.  I end up studying 5-8 hours a day and then after a few days I end up avoiding anything school related for the next 24 hours and then I feel guilty.  It's like I have studying bulimia.  But I did make a better grade on my health Psyc test 2.  

I am still getting eaten alive by my MCAT class, I don't think I am going to be able to take the Januarry test.  I may have to push it to February, even though I am not going to have a lot if time to study, but I may only take 2 science classes and TA for one.  Don't know the plan yet. 

I have also improved my work out regularity.  I see a trainer 2x a week and work out on my own for 3 days(try really hard to hit this).   I went ahead and made the investment for the trainer because I have been unsuccessful in true transformation for so long.   Also like studying enough to go from B to A is hard, so is true lifestyle and body transformation.    You don't see the physical results with regular exercise and eating right very fast like you see with some crazy diet and/or pharmacology treatment.  It takes time, but of corse it's better for you, has increased adherence and leads to a true lifestyle change.  

My child still drives me crazy.   For example she tells me yesterday morning she has to be at school auditorium at 6:30 for her theatre show.  Seriously you have known for weeks and the first time I hear about it is the day of the event.  She actually told her dance studio director, but failed to tell me.    It's so frustrating being a parent, and I think doing it alone doesn't really help the situation.  But it is what it is. 

On a more positive note she did a great job in her show , and the little bit of her dances I have seen look amazing.   She is a talented kid.  I am blessed to have her. 

Well off to class.  On a side note they have commuter breakfast out this morning.  I will walk by and not make eye contact.  :-P


No comments:

Post a Comment