Monday, September 2, 2013

Transitions

Just going to spend a few minutes on one topic today.

                                   ---------------------------   WORK ----------------------------

So I submitted my resignation to my scribe job yesterday.  So the 9/27/13 should be my last shift.  I am going to begin applying for some of the part time jobs that I didn't do before because of the changing scribe schedule.

So this decision stressed me out a lot.   2 main reasons

1. Application Stand point
- Of course the longer you do this job the better,

- I talked to a couple of docs and asked how bad it would look if I didn't stay a complete year.  And they both were like since you are doing other things like volunteering, and you have  school and a family, its understandable that you cant stay for 1 - 2 years like every one else.   One doc even said most docs don't know about scribes, she didn't until she worked at this place and they were required to use them.
 - So I am just going to have to have my story together if I am asked about why I  did it for less than a year.
-  I am going to continue working at the clinic, so that is a continuation of my exposure to health care, and it ties in to work I want to do after I graduate, so I feel like it would help facilitate the conversation of why I left.

- I also emailed my microbiology professor to ask if he has any low level task he needs done in his microlab.  I just want to get a chance to observe and just see what goes on there.  And maybe if I get to stay long enough I can learn a few things and see if research may be something I want to pursue. Unfortunately MD PHD programs are even harder to get into than regular MD programs, so its probably not really an option.

2. Money 
- Of course I have to have a job.
- But I have a month to find a replacement, and hopefully with a way better salary.
- I am going to keep applying, and I may email the secretary for this last job I applied to.  I am really not understanding why I am not getting any interviews.   Don't get me wrong.  I am not trying to sound conceited.  But these were the requirements for the last job.
  • High School diploma
  • Eighteen years of age
  • Type a minimum of 40 wpm
  • Knowledge of computers and office machines
----  um I think I meet those requirements.  I dropped my application off in the office, no fax or email, and I was dressed very professional, smiled, and made sure they writing was neat.

I don't know.  Maybe its just not the right opportunity for me.

Well I guess that's about it for today.  I have not studied at all this weekend.  I think working 6 out of the last 8 days just messed me up.  I have a lot to catch up on.  Good thing I am off next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment