Thursday, March 7, 2013

Just a note

So I figure after complaining in my last couple of post I have to take a few minutes to say my first 2 solo shifts went really well. It was still pretty busy, but I was moving through the chart a lot quicker, anticipating better, and I worked with some pretty nice doctors.

Now I am by no means bragging or claiming success. I still have a lot more growth and improvement to go but I am very glad to have made it through my first two solo shifts without jacking anything up too bad. :)

I have overnight shifts this weekend, I am still working on managing my sleep patterns and other duties when I rotate between day and night shifts.

I have also started to look for some part-time professional jobs to help supplement income. I figure since we get our schedule for the month and I am averaging a couple weekdays off per week I can find something for a couple days a week for a few hours.

I have also plotted my official MCAT study plan to start next week. I am pushing for 2-3 hrs a day 6 days a week for 10 weeks. I am planning on taking it 3rd week in May.

I am also strongly considering a visit with a Pre-med advising counselor. Not at the school but a private one. There is a lady that is always at the Oldpremed.org conferences who specializes in Non-traditional applicants. The only thing is those services can be pretty expensive. Her one time 2hr service is $700. But if you compare it to all the cost of the rest of applying to med school it's only a small percentage. I don't know yet, but being a re-applicant I want to make sure I am covering all the bases.

Since I am starting my studying full-time next week I decided to take some time to read a book. I have not read one since I left work. I really miss it so I started reading Ever After Book 11 in The Rachel Morgan series by Kim Harrison. It's not my favorites series but I think it will be nice to enjoy a good book. As a matter of fact I was reading while waiting for my rugrat to get out of dance, but I didn't charge my iPad at home so I have no more battery so I decided to do some blogging on my phone. Unfortunately that really didn't take as much time as I hoped I still have another hour to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment