Monday, February 4, 2013

I'm officially a Scribe


So I have completed my ScribeU training,  It was kind of a stressful ordeal, and  I am not complete yet,  I still have 8 more "residency" on the job training shifts with 6 more quizzes.  So the studying continues.   I don't have my first shift until the 18th so I do have some time to study and work on my speed skills.

Now on to regularly scheduled programing.


School -
UTA admission app is still in work, gave them a call today to validate my status.  She sates my  check list is complete but they are "running behind".   I need that updated to get my Fin-Aide squared away...  ( this was the one part I hated about school)

I also signed up for a free Pre-cal class online its a 10 week online program,.If I can do well on that, I may consider just testing out of it and going straight to Calculus.  But I don't know yet. The site has multiple free courses.  https://www.coursera.org/course/precalculus

Work -
I will be getting my last paycheck from my old job this weekend... If there is one thing that will be missed it is THAT...  :) 

As I said above, I finished my 5 day ScribeU intensive, and will actually start my ED training in a couple of weeks.  I am super excited to get in there.  That wage listed on my offer letter was a little scary to see but when I calculate in the "awesomeness" and exposure it goes up quite a bit :)

There are also some leadership opportunities after you have been there a while which I will definitely look into the longer I am there.  I would love to be one of there traveling trainers during my off your.


"The Plan" - Overall on track
BS in BIO - On track for Summer 2013 start
Strong Med Field Experience - Scribe job in progress
Volunteering - looking around this week

My Rug rat -
so far so good, I am a bit concerned about homework when I start working evenings.  God bless my mom, but she may not always understand the math and science concepts Jordyn is learning now.

Life
Speaking of my mom I am going to start depending on her more, (she offered)  to pick Jordyn up form school and get her to practice and so on.  This is a challenge, because my mother and I have a very sensitive relationship.  I LOVE her to death but we work better in moderation. :)  
The optimal design for her already low income, my new low income, and her helping me with Jordyn would be for us to live together.  But I think to myself the last time that was attempted it was not the best for anyone.  So we are going to try and make this work for right now in different places, to maintain as much sanity as possible.  Plus we both have leases way into the summer so no one can move anytime soon anyway :)

Okay that's about it, I need to get my little one dinner before its time for HH class. :)

~~ Lead Me Not Into Temptation; That Would Mean Backing Up  - T-shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment