Sunday, September 13, 2015

Week One Finished

So I have completed the first week of medical school.

I would love to say how amazing everything is and how I am ahead of the game.


My reality...

Its a lot of information.
I am still trying to find the right study strategy to retain and integrate all the material.
Living in a foreign country with resources and ways I am not accustomed is taking a while to get used to.
I miss my baby, and she never calls me :(
I am a little stressed that I am not where I want to be.
  - I have not started working out.
  - My anatomy recall is not good
  - I am in a less than ideal mental space.

But...

I have adjusted my study strategy after meeting with some of the resources on campus.
I am going to pack some work out clothes and put them in my locker @ school and when I am ready I will hit the gym (hopefully tomorrow)
My landlord has fixed some of the problems at my apt and I have tried to make it as homely as I can. 
I want to try and go to the beach maybe for lunch next week. Get a chance to appreciate the beauty of where I am not just the challenges. 

I am super surprised that I am feeling so stressed this early in the game. 
I think I am just hard on myself. 
I am going to focus up. And if I don't do as well as I want on the first test. I will know that I worked my hardest. 



2 comments:

  1. You can do it! Sending prayers and positive energy your way chica. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in the right place at the right time. The information is overwhelming, but God is going to see you through. I am praying for your success!!!

    ReplyDelete