Monday, January 27, 2014

Void


So before my MCAT last week, I was considering not taking the test, because I was not ready for it.   But I felt if I did not take it I would not realize the full impact on my lack of time commitment to study to my fullest potential.   So then I decided I would take the test, but void it so the bad score would not show on my record.   However after spending 4 hours taking that test I decided I really wanted to know how I did so I did not void the test.    So now I have to wait 30-45 days to know how much damage was done.

I don't really know how I felt about the test.   There were a few things that I was like, I don't remember the exact rules or formula so I did not have the confidence in my choice.   I also ran out of time on the Physical Science and the Verbal reasoning sections so I had to guess on about 20 questions.   

It is a horrible test, I am sure if I would have spent more time taking AAMC test I would have been able to feel more comfortable on guessing what I may have missed or gotten right.

I am glad its over,  I don't really have much confidence that I will not have to take it again in June.   I am just glad I get a little bit of a breather.   And I kind of feel like my class load this year will allow me to put in the necessary work required to get it a good amount of practice.  

I am still working on finding a second or third job.   So far the part time job at the tax office is going to only get me about 20 hours a week, I have put in a few applications at medical places that have evening hours. I am going to give them a week or two to hear back, and then if not I will go ahead an apply for a waitress/server job at Applebee's and The Movie Tavern.


No comments:

Post a Comment