Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Random


So as I take a little break for learning thought I would jot down some random thoughts.

I have been in medical school a whole 3 months...  Its amazing how much you can take in such a short amount of time. 

Random comments to those interested in medicine.

- make sure this is really what you want to do. 
  - it takes a lot of your time.
  - if you thought pre-med took a bunch of your time, wait till you go to medical school, then residency, then practice....  Its a life long journey.
 
- make sure you start working on your morals, integrity, and professionalism.  
  - you don't to work hard your first year or two in medschool and then get kicked out for something stupid.
 - you don't want to bust your but through school, clerkship, and residency and then loose your license due to something stupid.
  - during one of our Ethics classes teacher pulled up websites from multiple states of Doctor's who were suspended or loss their license due to stupid choices like 
 - relationships with patients
- grossly prescribing medications
- getting caught in inappropriate behavior even outside of work...
- being impaired on the job
-- its definitely worth checking out..

- Get used to studying...
   - it never stops.
  -  test after test after test...
  -  if you are studying for the MCAT and find that you are having trouble.  Try and figure out what your pitfall is, because you will be taking standardize test FOREVER....
   is it focus, time management, anxiety, fear, procrastination, the medium in which you are learning material.    FIGURE IT OUT NOW....  you don't want to struggle with that while trying to learn all this dang material.
 --  I found that I have to supplement my lectures with short videos that give me a broad overview. Or go into detail on a complex topic.   I found that if there is a hole in a concept in my mind I cant really wrap mind around everything else that I am trying to learn.
   I also kind of don't get as much from reading as I do from watching & listening.  So videos tend to help me lay the foundation in my brain.
   I also prefer to learn the material, rather than memorize, but you don't always have time for that.   I really have to work on my memorizing techniques.


anywhoo.. back to work..

2 comments: