Tuesday, May 13, 2014

After the tears...


So after finally shedding a few tears about not getting into the program, and having to move out of my apartment in 3 days I had time to think.   My initial response was to apply to as many professional jobs as I could. ( like 10 so far).  

However... As I sent an email to a former co-worker to get the email of my previous director, I had a minute to think.  I don't want to go back just yet, if there is a chance. 

. I still want to finish this application cycle.   I may just apply strictly DO schools, I am going to see if make a list of the ones that don't require a DO LOR. (my letter is from an MD) and apply for them this cycle. I may have a better chance with my 3.4 GPA than in Texas schools.


There is still a lot of work to do with this route.

I still need to work on my personal statement ( another thing I don't want to do)

I need to get at LEAST a 9 on all my sections (take 1000 of practice test)


My biggest challenge (another one) is going to be in 6 months when my student loans come up for payment.  Since I did not get into the program, I wont be in school full-time.  And throwing a couple of part-time jobs together will notdo

I think I am still going to apply to a decent paying job because I need to save up money for the deposit, applications, moving cost, and car payment.

this also will most definitely mean I will have to move, because the Texas DO school is just as hard to get into as most other Texas schools.  But I will deal with that if/when I get to it.

this week is going to be a bit ruff, but I will try my best not to loose my focus on my goal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment